Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dreadful Dowry and True – Silent – Divine Love

On 18th May, 2008 I got engaged with my Dream Girl. When I informed this news to my colleagues, some of them asked me that how much her parents will pay you as dowry. This question makes me thinking that what a rubbish kind of thinking process is going on in our society.

Before tying with her, I have never thought about materialistic things of her like:

1. How much money her parents have?

2. How much dowry will she take with her?

3. How much will I gain from this relationship?

And I must like to Thank God, my parents and my state Gujarat from which I belong to where it’s very rare case happen related with dowry.

We have to think other way round too, specially groom side peoples. We must understand that nothing is more valuable as compare to Bride who will come into your life. Because, she is coming into your life by leaving everything of her such as Parents, Siblings, Home to which she has almost spent 20-25 years.

We feel very happy while taking a dowry, but do we think how much it become painful for parents of bride to pay dowry, if their economical condition is not so well? We always tend to forget one Universal Truth that “No one able to take their materialistic belongings after dying.” “It is the Good Karma which attach with our Karan Sharir (Causal Body) will be with us during our re-born.”

I would like to conclude my article with following True story which narrates two faces of the modern society: Dowry and True – Silent - Divine Love.

This Sunday I met with one Lady Lecturer. During our talk on dowry she told me her story. She is a lecturer at very famous engineering college of Pune. She belongs to Maratha family. Her marriage has been fixed with Maratha family. All things are going very fine till the date of marriage came. At the marriage function when couple started to round “Agni Pradakshina”, her in-laws and husband asked for big amount as a dowry. All were shocked after seeing unbelievable behavior of them. She strongly refused to give dowry. At the same time, one guy (Belongs to Maharashtrian Brahmin) who was also attending the function and good friend of her asked her and her parents that “I am ready to merry with your daughter and I don’t want single penny except your blessings!!” She has accepted his offer. They married and started happy life. Present, she has earned more amount than the dowry which they would pay to earlier husband.

While saying this story, tears came from her eyes so as mine, too. I told her that your story consist both parts of society: “Sinful Dowry and True – Silent - Divine Love.”

What will you choose? “Dreadful dowry or True – Silent – Divine Love!!” I have chosen True – Silent - Divine Love!!

----------------------------------- Update-------------------------------------------

I have written this article immediatly after my engagement in response to the some of the men who are in favor of Dowry and advocating that Dowry is not sinful but social responsibily or social tradition.... I have published it on 02nd June 2008 in my compnay's blog. (Cognizat blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment